Dandruff-The Flaking Scalp Like Snow
Dandruff assumes an unpleasant, irritating condition associated with bacteria, in the case of excessive formation of scales from the horny layer of the skin on the scalp.
It increases, whenever the hair are brushed or rubbed & also appear as lumps or crusts on the scalp.
The main causes of dandruff are :
Impairment of general health,
Toxic condition of the system brought on mainly by wrong feeding,
Exposure to cold and general exhaustion.
Most of these, however, in the process of curing the disorder, cause irreparable damage to the hair roots because of the synthetic ingredients contained in them.
As a matter of fact for permanent cure the treatment of dandruff has to be constitutional and the treatment of this disorder is to keep the hair and scalp clean so as to minimise the accumulation of dead cells.
Similarly it is equally important that you should brush your hair at least twice daily to improve the circulation and remove any flakiness.
The most effective way to brush the hair is to bend forward from the waist with the head down towards the ground, and brush from the nape of the neck towards the top of the head.
Additionally you must thoroughly massaged your scalp every day, using finger tips and working systematically over the head just before brushing your hair.
Brushing and massaging stimulates the circulation, dislodges dirt, dandruff and encourages hair growth.
For a proper massage, spread your fingers fanwise and slip them through the hair. With your thumb pressed behind your ears, press down on your scalp with your fingertips.
Now rotate your fingers so that they move the scalp over the bony structure of the head.
You will feel your skin move and the scalp tingle. Move up an inch at a time until you have covered the whole head.
It is a very simple procedure, and takes only a few minutes to perform.
Correspondingly several home remedies are also very useful in the treatment of dandruff.
To begin with fenugreek (methi) seeds paste is one such remedy which is highly useful.
To make this remedy take two tablespoons of fenugreek seeds & soaked overnight in water and ground the softer seeds into fine paste.
Apply this paste on your scalp and left for half-an hour. After that wash your hair thoroughly with soap nuts (reetha) solution or shikakai.
The above process is highly beneficial for hair to remain soft, smooth and shiny without dandruff.
The use of a teaspoon of fresh lime juice for the last rinse, while washing hair, is equally beneficial. This not only leaves the hair glowing but also removes stickiness and prevents dandruff.
Washing the hair twice a week with green gram powder in curd is another useful home remedy.
Massaging your hair with the three days old curd kept in the open is also useful to remove dandruff.
Alternatively massage your hair with a few drops of lime juice mixed with amla juice every night before going to bed.
Another measure which helps to counteract dandruff is to dilute cider vinegar with an equal quantity of water and dab this onto the hair with cotton wool in between shampooing.
Cider vinegar added to the final rinsing water after shampooing also helps to disperse dandruff.
But above all, diet plays an important role in the treatment of dandruff.
So to begin with, you should resort to all-fruit diet for about five days.
You should take at least three meals a day consisting of fresh juicy fruits such as apples, pears, grapes, grapefruit, pineapple and peaches.
However do not take citrus fruits, bananas, dried, stewed or tinned fruits.
Drink only unsweetened lemon or plain water, you may take either hot or cold water as per your requirement.
If you are suffering from constipation, then you should take a warm water enema daily to cleanse the bowels and all other measures adopted to eradicate constipation.
After the all-fruit diet, you can gradually adopt a well- balanced diet of raw foods such as:
Whole grain cereals, particularly millet and brown rice.
Further short periods on the all-fruits diet for three days or so may be necessary at a monthly interval, till the skin’s condition improves.
Strict attention to diet is essential for recovery especially starchy, protein, and fatty foods.
Avoid meats, sugar, strong tea or coffee, condiments, pickles, refined and processed foods along with soft drinks, candies, ice cream and products made with sugar and white flour.
Exposure of your head to sun rays is also a useful measure in the treatment of dandruff.
Simultaneously, you should keep your body in good health. This also helps clear dandruff.
D'free Overnight Anti Dandruff Lotion 100ml
- Unlike shampoos that hardly have seconds to work, D'Free is a leave on lotion that works overnight
- Features a breakthrough Anti Recurrence formula that combines 3 power ingredients, to help fight even stubborn dandruff
- Clinically proven results, feel the difference in just 2 uses
- Gentle, non sticky
- Dermatologically tested for safety
Himalaya Herbals Anti-Dandruff Hair Oil, 200ml
- Removes dandruff
- Strengthens hair roots
- Moisturizes hair
SATINIQUE™ Anti Dandruff Shampoo(250 ml)
- Amway satinique anti dandruff shampoo
- Experience pureness and clarity for scalp and hair
- Satinique anti dandruff shampoo is excellent for transforming any hair type with dandruff or itchy scalp into beautiful hair
- With vitamin e which nourish and moisturize the scalp, leaving it more comfortable
WOW Anti Dandruff Shampoo - 300 mL - No Sulphate - No Parabens - infused with Organic Cedarwood & Tea Tree Essential Oil
- Bid goodbye to dry, itchy, flaky scalp, sulphate free
- Welcome visibly clean, healthy, shiny hair
- Ecocert certified bioactive haircare
- Enriched with certified organic cedar wood and tea tree essential oils
- Formulated in USA
Sebamed Anti Dandruff Shampoo 200ml
- Seba-med Shampoo with its gentle cleansing agents andspecial active substances helps keep hair and scalp clean and freefrom dandruff
- Seba Med For Oily Dandruff Prone Scalp
- Soap And Alkali Relieves Dandruff Irritation With Piroctone Olamine
- Balances Sebum Production pH 5.5 For Healthy Hair And Scalp
Himalaya Herbals Anti-Dandruff Hair Cream, 100 ml
- Promotes hair growth
- Strengthens hair roots
- Improves tensile strength
Dove Dandruff Care Shampoo, 340ml
- Contains ZPTO, a clinically proven anti-dandruff ingredient
- Relieves an itchy scalp and eliminates flakes
- Formulated with micro moisture serum to keep hair feeling soft and smooth
- Nourishes hair from the root to the tip making it healthy
- Gentle enough to use every day
Himalaya Herbals Anti-Dandruff Shampoo Removes Dandruff Soothes Scalp ,200ml
- Removes dandruff
- Moisturizes hair
- Smoothens hair
Parachute Advansed Anti Dandruff Cream, 100gm
- Enriched with the goodness of lemon, neem, tea tree oil and coconut proteins
- Natural extracts makes hair 50 percent stronger
Green Leaf Anti Dandruff Gel - 500 gm
- Anti dandruff gel
- Hair nourishment
- Scalp massage
- Removes heat from scalp and keeps the head cool
- Beneficial for hair and scalp